Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Before Jessie Was Famous

Back when I was first becoming a fan of Jessie J, I felt like I really got to know her through watching her videos from 2009.  I became a fan of hers in 2010.  In February of 2011, "Who You Are", her first album, was released, and gradually, she became more and more known.  In 2012, I felt that she had officially become well-known, after I began to hear more and more people listening to her music (mostly only her most popular songs, such as "Do It Like a Dude" and "Price Tag".

"Price Tag" by Jessie J:


I just recently found out that Jessie J fans have a name.  She has been quoted as saying "You have to love your fans.  That's why I call them my Heartbeats, because without them I wouldn't be here."  I suppose this make me a Heartbeat. :)

It didn't take long for me to become a Heartbeat.  I loved her early videos because they were personal and let her outgoing, positive, and cheerful personality shine out.  Through her videos she made a personal connection with her fans, and it showed how down-to-earth and real she was; she's never fake, from her raw talent, to the way she interacts with other people.  She's a person with a lot of heart and an understanding of others.  She has become one of my inspirations.

Jessie in one of her videos from 2009 singing "Big White Room" (I shared my thoughts on this song here).  Big White Room is one of my favorite songs by Jessie.


Jessie singing "Stand Up" (also one of my favorite songs):


Here's a video of Jessie even further back before she became famous, when she was fifteen years old.  She was an incredibly talented singer even at fifteen.


Jessie J is a very caring and compassionate person, which I thought was especially clear when she shaved her hair for charity.  Below is a video in which she explains why she decided to shave her hair.


On her Twitter account, Jessie said:  "It's hair, it will grow back.  Even if it takes 2 years, if it saves lives it's worth it.  Even if it's 1 life that's something."

And to conclude yet another post about my favorite Pop singer, I'll leave two awesome clips from The Voice that show how great Jessie's vocal skills are. :)  I like Danny O'Donoghue, Tom Jones, and Will.i.am (well, not his music, but I like him...sorry Will.i.am) too, but Jessie J is the only reason I watch The Voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment