- Share eleven facts
- Answer the nominator's questions
- Set your own questions
- Nominate eleven more bloggers
Eleven facts about me:
1) I am very close (finally) to getting my Irish passport and citizenship that I talked about in a post a while ago. I'm so happy about this!
|Korra gets how I feel|
2) I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I do not like Emma 2009. I am in the minority on this, but I actually prefer the 1996 version. I don't think the 1996 version is perfect either, but I like it more than 2009.
|Emma 2009 (left) and Emma 1996 (right)|
4) I am also a feminist.
5) I love the BBC shows Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Merlin, and Doctor Who.
6) I love the show Once Upon a Time and am a hardcore Captain Swan shipper.
8) I am introverted, often shy, and socially awkward (more so when I was a kid, but I still am very shy around people sometimes). I'm also kind of an airhead. I have a big imagination and sometimes I block out the world around me and get lost in my thoughts, which is why I relate to Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables.
9) Speaking of Anne of Green Gables, it is my favorite book. I am a huge L. M. Montgomery fan. She is definitely my favorite writer, and one of the most inspirational people for me, besides my great grandmother.
10) I have twelve cousins in all, but only two of them are my first cousins.
11) I plan on moving to Ireland at some point in my life. My Irish heritage is a huge part of my identity, even though my Irish cousins make fun of the fact that I was born in America and am probably very Americanized.
1) What name would you choose if you could or had to change your name?
I wouldn't change my name, but there are a lot of other names I like. I would probably choose an Irish name, like Aoife or Deirdre. I also like Dallas (although that is not an Irish name). But then my name's already Irish, and like I said before, I'd never want to change it. When I was little, though, I wanted to change my name to Kelly, but I have long since changed my mind, and I am now very satisfied and happy with my name.
2) What place in the world (time travel included) would you most like to visit? e. g. Paris in the 1920's, Egypt, 1500 B. C., etc.
That's a really hard question. There are so many time periods and places I'd want to go to. I think I'd most like to visit the Regency Era in England, the Edwardian era on Prince Edward Island, or the 1930's or 1940's so I could see how my great grandparents were doing during the Great Depression and during the war. Now that I think of it, I'd also like to go to the 1960's and 1970's for the great music and the Hippie vibe. Or maybe I could go to the 1530's and try to meet Anne Boleyn. I can't decide, there are too many cool options! Although time traveling would be very dangerous...I might be thinking about this question too much. XD
3) How would you choose to spend a lovely, sunny spring day?
It would depend on how sunny. If it were mildly sunny, I might walk my dogs and go to a park. If it were really sunny I'd probably stay indoors and read, write, listen to music, or sketch. I'm not really a fan of warm weather. I'd want to go outside more if it rained, as I prefer cold or rainy weather.
4) What are three of your favorite books? Three favorite movies? Books that were made into movies?
My favorite books are Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery, any one of the Emily series by L. M. Montgomery, and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. Books I love that were made, or are still being made into movies are the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling, and The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. Three of my favorite movies (I have way too many favorite movies...too many to count, to be honest) are Pride and Prejudice 1995, North and South 2004, and Frozen by Disney. :D
5) Do you play an instrument? If so, which one? If not, is there an instrument you would like to learn?
Well, I played the recorder in fourth grade, if that counts. I played piano for a while, and was able to play a few Christmas carols on it, but gradually I stopped playing and forgot how. I played the violin for five years. Now, I just play the guitar (steel-stringed), but I'm still a beginner. I used to want to play the cello, and sometimes I wish I had played it instead of the violin. I'm interested in learning how to play the harp, but I don't think it's likely I will, at least not in the near future. I'd also like to play the electric guitar.
6) What kind of pets/animals do you have, if any? If none, would you like to have?
I used to have goldfish when I was little, but I was always scared they were hungry so I would over feed them. My brother still blames me for killing them, but I honestly didn't mean to. When I was older, I had a golden retriever, but my family had to give her away when we moved. I've always felt very sad about that. A few years ago, my family got two rough collies, because as a kid I always wanted a dog like Lassie.
- If you could go into any fictional world and meet your favorite character, what world would that be and who is the character?
- What is your ethnic heritage and/or cultural identity?
- Top favorite movies you had when you were little? Do you still love them as much as you did then?
- What are some of your favorite singers and/or bands?
- Do you have a favorite fairy tale, myth, or legend?
- Name a genre of music you absolutely love, and one you can't stand.
You know what? I'm just going to nominate everyone (sorry if that's breaking the rules). So anyone who wants to participate in the tag, go ahead! :D