Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

What am I thankful for?

Because Thanksgiving was yesterday, the question "what am I thankful for?" often came to mind, as I'm sure it did for many others.  I am thankful for many things in my life, and even more importantly, I am thankful that I am living.  I love life, and it is a gift that I am always grateful for.  But what comes to mind most of all is my family.  My great grandmother was someone who was very loyal to her family and felt an acute love for and connection with all of her family members.  I feel that I inherited this love for the family from her.  I am always happiest when I am amongst my family, and I am only able to feel complete when they are around me.  I know who I am, and am certain of my identity when I am with my family.  Without my family, I am lost.  Therefore, I feel that they are the most important thing in my life.  In my opinion, family is even more important than friends.  After all, "blood is thicker than water".  Friends come and go in life.  This does not mean that I don't love my friends as well - not at all.  However, family is a stronger bond.  They will always be a part of you, throughout your life.  Because of this, I am thinking of my family most of all this Thanksgiving, and I will continue to think of them in the years to come.

2 comments:

  1. You gave a very beautiful description of family. Family is important for us as they help us become who we are and they put up with us when we are not so much fun to be around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I agree family helps us become who we are. They stick with us no matter what. A good example of this is how some of my relatives on my mom's side are conservative politically but other of my family members are liberal. And yet, they stick together even when they don't agree on something, which shows how strong the bond of family can be.

    ReplyDelete